Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Wedding At Last!!!

Can you believe it?

I've actually been to more funerals than weddings...

One by one gone,

Cancer, sudden deaths, accidents....

So happy I could attend a wedding at last....

Went to my cousin's wedding today....

Tears welled up in my eyes when they surprised their parents with a video of both my aunty and uncle....from their wedding days till now....

26 years of sweet memories between my aunty and uncle.....

So touching to see my cousins hug their parents....

I realised that I can't do that for my mom if I ever get married....

Can't surprise her with a video dictating the wonderful marriage she never had....

I never had the opportunity to experience a father's love....

She never really had the opportunity to feel the love from her husband...

Sometimes I do wonder how it will feel like to actually have a male figure in the house....

Nevertheless, I could picture myself on my own marriage ceremony,

Standing on that very stage, thanking my mother for working so hard to support both her daughters...

Without her, I would never be able to realize my dream to become a doctor,

Be a contributor to this society,

Be someone who can make a difference in this world,

I want to make a difference.

God, guide me and give me strength so that I may achieve your dreams for me.

Thank you for revealing to me from time to time that you are always by my side....

I can sense it...Thank you so much.


P.S. - Congrats to Benny and Kelly!!!! God Bless!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wen, although it's a pity your mum's marriage didn't work out, but all that is already in the past and what is important is moving on with life and doing ur best in everything you do.

You do not have to surprise her on ur wedding the same way, but maybe a recording of how she has raise both of u up would be just as touching if not more.

*anyway why am I suggesting this? It's still early lah...*

Be the best doctor you can ever be and never forget what ur mum, aunt, and family has done for you. There is no better way to repay (though we can never repay fully) her than letting her know she has successfully raise both of you single handedly and has taught you well.

Most importantly, pray for ur family... Something that even I take for granted alotof times.

Sarah McLachlan - Ordinary Miracle