Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Step Back And Cherish The People Around You... :)


Ah Mine is Back!!!! and Yi Man too!!!! and Shih Ying too!!!!


Today, I went to William's with Su-Min and Poh Yen for dinner. OMG!!! Min paksa me to makan indomie tambah telur mata kerbau, roti scramble (got pineapple and sausages inside wan...haha) and garlic cheese naan...omg...oh yeah, not to mention her driving...omg...was screamiiiiiiiing all the way till we got to Williams..haha...


After that, she made me tapau hotdog from a ramli burger stall in DJ and then milicks (milo plus horlicks) from another mamak in DJ...then we went over to her place to watch enchanted...haha..predictable-fantasy-live happily ever after movie but funny...and enjoying...(the subtitles are so horrible!!!) but nevertheless it's kinda fun to watch if u have company...


SO FUN!!! Stayed till bout 12.30am at her place..and then her mom had to fetch me back..so paiseh..haha...so long never hang out together like this already...miss her so much!!! it's only with her i do this sorta crazy stuff...


was reminiscing the times we used to go mamak hopping (hop from one mamak to another), mall hopping (hop from one shopping mall to another)...all the silly things we used to do together..n then those times when i spend the whole day at her place, she used to make ice blended chocolate+milo for me (my favourite drink!!!!) and then made fried drummets for me...so yummy...sigh...miss those days so much...too bad she has to go back soon...and then i can't spend much time with her some more coz i have rotations!!!! wat the crap???


I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends especially min..we knew each other since standard 1 and had been doing crazy, silly stuff together eversince..haha..feeding ladybugs, ants, picnic in the middle of the school during somebody's bday, having group study, worked together in JUSCO, join choir together, have the same shirts, shopping together for hours and hours, go violin class together (although it's only for a month), me playing with ben and she playing with angel...etc etc...almost 11 years of solid friendship...Where to findlah?? Hahaha...so lucky to find such a wonderful confidant, companion and true friend that you know will always be there for you, no matter what happens.. :)


Btw, I asked her to read my blog..and I thought she was always too busy to read my blog...


But to my surprise, when I went to her house today she said she had something for me...she handed me a small paper bag....I was wondering what was inside...since she already gave me my birthday present few days ago, I didn't expect her to give me another gift...


So I was very curious, unwrapping the paperbag with one hand while holding my milicks with the other hand...and I saw...wah... a lovely necklace.....a cross, studded with shimmering stones...it looked so simple yet beautiful to my eyes...


She did read my blog after all...haha...so happy...not because of the necklace...but the gesture of her giving the cross to me..haha... i feel so touched at that moment, it meant a lot to me...haha..dunno why also...I think I'm being too emo these days...haha...


Suddenly, reality just hit me and I felt that it is important to step back and take a bigger view of my life and start to appreciate those who are around me.


There are a lot of things I took for granted in life...My friends, my family...


When uni starts, all I care about is just study and study...I never really did care to just send an email to my close friends or help around with my family in house..I guess I have been blinded by my studies...All I wanted to do was to move forward and excel in my studies...


Now, I think that sometimes I should hit the brakes for a moment, take in and appreciate the people around me...my family (esp my mom) and my friends...After all, these are the people who will stick to me through thick and thin, not my studies...


I want my love for other people to grow, not just remain stagnant to my studies...


I hope it's not too late now...to slow down a little and just open my eyes to those around me...However, Sem 5 eos will be in May/June...dunno whether I will be too indulged into my studies as soon as Sem 5 starts...sigh...


Anywayz, thanx Min for always being there for me...and I want to thank my mom too...I have been taking her for granted all these years...suddenly she looked so old and fragile to me... She is not too well now but I hope God will look after her, see through all her difficulties and bless her with good health. The least I could do for her is to pray... and keep an eye on her health.. :)





Min and me - best friends forever!!!

Why I look so big next to her??? Must diet d...haha... :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wei wei wei... YOU ordered that indomie telur mata kerbau urself.. AND you chose that hot dog. and didn't eat it either, to boot.the roti hawaii (get ur roti's right, girl.. wat kind of malaysian are u?) and cheese naan u didn't really eat aso. haish. complain so much. tsk.

told u. black and white. illusion. ur NOT fat . come, we go mamak tomorrow again... fatten u up before sem 5.

Unknown said...

Hahaha...

I think coz Min toned down??..

*Oops... Min I didn't mean anything...*

NOOO FAIR!!!... I WANNA GO WILLIAMS WITH EVERYONE TOO!!...

But I'm stuck here in IMU with boring com med rotations and useless BS classes!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha...min, it's all your fault!!!

i bet i gained a few punds this week...hmm..somemore went to pasar malam with li yann...omg...

dieloh...

Anonymous said...

WAAAT?!?!?! wat wat wat wat wat wat waaaaaaaat!?!?! mISS LIM!!! u went pasar WITHOUT ME?!??!?! u KNOW i want to go too............. *sobz* friends kononnya.......

eh funny ar.. come lar... we go out aso.....murni's?

Anonymous said...

ar mine ah...pasar malam every mom and thurs...wait till ur tooth heal first!!!

funny...go murni's!!! haha...mi raja damn nice

Anonymous said...

Min, how're u feeling these days? Dun worry, we can still go mamaking & pasar mlm after u're better!! :) :) U still have lots 2 eat before going back 2 aus! Hahahaha!!

Sarah McLachlan - Ordinary Miracle